UK: Genius secures "significant investment" from PE firm Verlinvest
PE firm Verlinvest has invested in Genius
UK gluten-free firm Genius Foods has confirmed a "significant investment of millions" from private-equity firm Verlinvest.
The firm would not disclose the size of the investment when asked by just-food.
A spokesperson told just-food: "The investment will be used by Genius to accelerate its delivery of top-quality free-from foods in the UK, increase category innovation in free from and create international expansion."
Earlier this year, Genius won listings for products in the United Arab Emirates. Seven of the company's products will go on sale at nine Spinneys stores and four Waitrose outlets run on a franchise basis by the local retailer across Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Ras Al Khaimah.
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Lacklustre sales see Hershey turn to snacking
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Campbell aligns structure with growth objectives
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report