UK: Genius secures "significant investment" from PE firm Verlinvest
PE firm Verlinvest has invested in Genius
UK gluten-free firm Genius Foods has confirmed a "significant investment of millions" from private-equity firm Verlinvest.
The firm would not disclose the size of the investment when asked by just-food.
A spokesperson told just-food: "The investment will be used by Genius to accelerate its delivery of top-quality free-from foods in the UK, increase category innovation in free from and create international expansion."
Earlier this year, Genius won listings for products in the United Arab Emirates. Seven of the company's products will go on sale at nine Spinneys stores and four Waitrose outlets run on a franchise basis by the local retailer across Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Ras Al Khaimah.
- Focus: The impact of Heinz's stevia ketchup
- Focus: Gen Mills turns to M&A to bolster US ops
- Viewpoint: US health food in play - at a price
- Comment: Kingsmill "youth" appeal bodes well
- BRICs: How dairy deal bolsters Lactalis and BRF
- Burton's "eyeing" United Biscuits merger
- Glanbia to buy US sports nutrition firm Isopure
- Premier Foods revamp creates three divisions
- Arla joins race for Egypt's Arab Dairy
- Unilever to boost presence in Nigeria