UK: Genius secures "significant investment" from PE firm Verlinvest
PE firm Verlinvest has invested in Genius
UK gluten-free firm Genius Foods has confirmed a "significant investment of millions" from private-equity firm Verlinvest.
The firm would not disclose the size of the investment when asked by just-food.
A spokesperson told just-food: "The investment will be used by Genius to accelerate its delivery of top-quality free-from foods in the UK, increase category innovation in free from and create international expansion."
Earlier this year, Genius won listings for products in the United Arab Emirates. Seven of the company's products will go on sale at nine Spinneys stores and four Waitrose outlets run on a franchise basis by the local retailer across Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Ras Al Khaimah.
- On the money: Hormel still looking for M&A
- Consuming issues: The hunger-obesity paradox
- BRICs and beyond: Fonterra, Beingmate partnership
- On the money: Mengniu hones in on "star" brands
- just-food interview: Agropur CEO Robert Coallier
- Fonterra, Beingmate launch infant formula JV
- Mondelez eyes snacks categories in India
- Parmalat nears Lacteos Brasil acquisition
- UK firm Pasta Reale enters administration
- Italy yoghurt woes lead to Emmi profit warning