UK: Genius secures "significant investment" from PE firm Verlinvest
PE firm Verlinvest has invested in Genius
UK gluten-free firm Genius Foods has confirmed a "significant investment of millions" from private-equity firm Verlinvest.
The firm would not disclose the size of the investment when asked by just-food.
A spokesperson told just-food: "The investment will be used by Genius to accelerate its delivery of top-quality free-from foods in the UK, increase category innovation in free from and create international expansion."
Earlier this year, Genius won listings for products in the United Arab Emirates. Seven of the company's products will go on sale at nine Spinneys stores and four Waitrose outlets run on a franchise basis by the local retailer across Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Ras Al Khaimah.
- General Mills US "priority" categories gain share
- Interview part 2: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- The just-food interview: Doux CEO Arnaud Marion
- 2015 preview: A better deal for M&A sellers
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- General Mills outlines "aggressive" NPD drive
- Kraft to reappraise business, says new CEO Cahill
- General Mills earnings drop one-third
- PepsiCo opens snacks plant in Saudi Arabia
- Bimbo to buy Saputo's bakery arm