UK: Genius secures "significant investment" from PE firm Verlinvest
PE firm Verlinvest has invested in Genius
UK gluten-free firm Genius Foods has confirmed a "significant investment of millions" from private-equity firm Verlinvest.
The firm would not disclose the size of the investment when asked by just-food.
A spokesperson told just-food: "The investment will be used by Genius to accelerate its delivery of top-quality free-from foods in the UK, increase category innovation in free from and create international expansion."
Earlier this year, Genius won listings for products in the United Arab Emirates. Seven of the company's products will go on sale at nine Spinneys stores and four Waitrose outlets run on a franchise basis by the local retailer across Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Ras Al Khaimah.
- Nestle catering for an ageing global population
- Unilever is "working harder" in tough environment
- What next for Nestle under new CEO Schneider?
- What post-Brexit trade with the EU could look like
- Hemp food sales in the US set for growth
- Job cuts imminent as General Mills restructures
- Unilever sees growth but spreads decline continues
- Campbell's Soup's sustainable growth strategy
- Lindt organic sales miss market expectations
- Arla Foods unveils strategy for growth up to 2020