UK: Genius secures "significant investment" from PE firm Verlinvest
PE firm Verlinvest has invested in Genius
UK gluten-free firm Genius Foods has confirmed a "significant investment of millions" from private-equity firm Verlinvest.
The firm would not disclose the size of the investment when asked by just-food.
A spokesperson told just-food: "The investment will be used by Genius to accelerate its delivery of top-quality free-from foods in the UK, increase category innovation in free from and create international expansion."
Earlier this year, Genius won listings for products in the United Arab Emirates. Seven of the company's products will go on sale at nine Spinneys stores and four Waitrose outlets run on a franchise basis by the local retailer across Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Ras Al Khaimah.
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities