USA: George M. Sherman elected chairman of Campbell board, succeeding Philip E. Lippincott
Campbell Soup Company (NYSE: CPB) yesterday announced that George M. Sherman has been elected Chairman of the Board, effective August 1, 2001. Sherman, 59, a Campbell Director since 1995, succeeds Philip E. Lippincott, 65, who became Campbell's Chairman in August 1999 and agreed at that time to serve for two years. Lippincott has been a Campbell Director since 1984 and will continue to serve on the Campbell Board. Campbell's President and Chief Executive Officer, Douglas R. Conant, was appointed on January 8, 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid