USA: George M. Sherman elected chairman of Campbell board, succeeding Philip E. Lippincott
Campbell Soup Company (NYSE: CPB) yesterday announced that George M. Sherman has been elected Chairman of the Board, effective August 1, 2001. Sherman, 59, a Campbell Director since 1995, succeeds Philip E. Lippincott, 65, who became Campbell's Chairman in August 1999 and agreed at that time to serve for two years. Lippincott has been a Campbell Director since 1984 and will continue to serve on the Campbell Board. Campbell's President and Chief Executive Officer, Douglas R. Conant, was appointed on January 8, 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth