USA: George M. Sherman elected chairman of Campbell board, succeeding Philip E. Lippincott
Campbell Soup Company (NYSE: CPB) yesterday announced that George M. Sherman has been elected Chairman of the Board, effective August 1, 2001. Sherman, 59, a Campbell Director since 1995, succeeds Philip E. Lippincott, 65, who became Campbell's Chairman in August 1999 and agreed at that time to serve for two years. Lippincott has been a Campbell Director since 1984 and will continue to serve on the Campbell Board. Campbell's President and Chief Executive Officer, Douglas R. Conant, was appointed on January 8, 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week