AUS: George Weston to buy KR Castlemaine
George Weston Foods is to acquire one of Australian meat and smallgoods firm KR Castlemaine.
The acquisition of KR Castlemaine will be subject to regulatory approvals but will put GWF in a good position to compete in the fresh pork and small goods markets.
GWF chief executive Geoff Starr said: "The acquisition will deliver a strong future for the businesses, to the benefit of our employees, our customers and consumers. It will provide an opportunity to leverage existing business capabilities to enable greater focus on product innovation and drive efficiencies."
George Weston Foods is one of Australia's largest food manufacturers with a portfolio of brands including Ryvita, Burgen, Crackerbread, Chapmans and Huttons.
The company's principal operations are undertaken throughout Australia and New Zealand with joint ventures in the US and Thailand.
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review