USA: Georgia Commissioner of Agriculture warns consumers about salmonella contaminated paprika
Georgia Department of Agriculture Commissioner Tommy Irvin today warned consumers about salmonella being found in some Badia brand paprika spice."We were notified today of the recall of the paprika spice in 2-ounce bottles distributed by Badia Spices, Inc. in Miami, Florida because salmonella was found in some of the product," Commissioner Irvin announced. "The Florida Department of Agriculture found the bacteria in its product sampling."The spice recalled will have a sell by date of 11/02 and a UPC number 33844-00011 on the bottle. Any of the Badia Paprika with this identification should be returned to the place of purchase for a refund."The company began recalling the product in August," Irvin said, "but we want to urge consumers to make certain they had not purchased any of this particular lot before it was removed from grocery store shelves. Our department's sanitarians will be on the lookout for this spice during their grocery store inspections."Symptoms of salmonella infection include diarrhea, fever, abdominal pain and vomiting. Salmonella can cause life-threatening infections in people with weak immune systems, including children and the elderly.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review