USA: Georgia Department of Agriculture announces farm economy panel to hold statewide hearings
Georgia Commissioner of Agriculture Tommy Irvin and Lieutenant Governor Mark Taylor have announced a schedule of six hearings to be held throughout the state by the Land-Based Economy Assessment Committee.The Committee, which is co-chaired by Taylor and Irvin, is made up of farm and forestry leaders and is charged with designing a blueprint for reviving and sustaining the state's land-based economy. Irvin and Taylor will conduct the six hearings to provide a forum for farmers, landowners, and others in the state's agricultural community to offer input on the Committee's future work.The Committee has already heard reports from agricultural economy experts with the University of Georgia regarding the importance of agriculture to rural Georgia's economy. Farm families and others interested in the future of agriculture are invited to attend the hearings and provide their own perspectives. All hearings will begin at 6:30 p.m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund