USA: Georgia Department of Agriculture announces farm economy panel to hold statewide hearings
Georgia Commissioner of Agriculture Tommy Irvin and Lieutenant Governor Mark Taylor have announced a schedule of six hearings to be held throughout the state by the Land-Based Economy Assessment Committee.The Committee, which is co-chaired by Taylor and Irvin, is made up of farm and forestry leaders and is charged with designing a blueprint for reviving and sustaining the state's land-based economy. Irvin and Taylor will conduct the six hearings to provide a forum for farmers, landowners, and others in the state's agricultural community to offer input on the Committee's future work.The Committee has already heard reports from agricultural economy experts with the University of Georgia regarding the importance of agriculture to rural Georgia's economy. Farm families and others interested in the future of agriculture are invited to attend the hearings and provide their own perspectives. All hearings will begin at 6:30 p.m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report