USA: Georgia Department of Agriculture shuts down Douglas County Sandwich Maker and recalls all its products
Georgia Agriculture Commissioner Tommy Irvin has shut down an Austell sandwich maker and issued a recall for any of its products that may be in the food chain.Commissioner Irvin said Best Made Sandwich, located at 6289 Bankhead Highway in Austell was shut down when an inspector found 43 violations, including rodent and insect infestation and accumulated filth in the processing areas."Our inspectors have withheld all products and stopped all processing until the facility can be brought into compliance," Irvin explained. "We believe, at this time, that most of the sandwiches made at this facility were sold from mobile units at places such as construction sites. However, as a precaution, we also want anyone who may have any Best Made Sandwich product to return it to where they purchased it."Irvin said this was the first time that this particular establishment had been inspected by his department since the law was changed this year switching the jurisdiction of such processing facilities to the Georgia Department of Agriculture.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review