FRANCE/UAE: Georgia set to see first Carrefour store
The Eastern European country of Georgia is set to become the latest market to see a Carrefour store.
Majid Al Futtaim, Carrefour's franchise partner in the Middle East and north Africa, has said it will open an outlet under the French retail giant's fascia in the former Soviet state.
"We are continuing expansion of the Carrefour franchise, with plans to open two additional hypermarkets in the remainder of 2012, including our first store in Georgia this month," Majid Al Futtaim CEO Iyad Malas said yesterday (17 September) as the company announced its first-half results.
In the first six months of the year, Majid Al Futtaim opened the first Carrefour store in Iraq. It opened six Carrefour hypermarkets across its markets in total.
On Thursday, two of the world's largest food retailers will report their 2012 financial results and, more importantly, try to convince investors their moves to improve their operations in key markets ...
In a week of results from major retailers, Carrefour cheered the market with improvement in France, upmarket UK grocer Waitrose highlighted its strong year and Belgium's Delhaize insisted its business...
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review