FRANCE/UAE: Georgia set to see first Carrefour store
The Eastern European country of Georgia is set to become the latest market to see a Carrefour store.
Majid Al Futtaim, Carrefour's franchise partner in the Middle East and north Africa, has said it will open an outlet under the French retail giant's fascia in the former Soviet state.
"We are continuing expansion of the Carrefour franchise, with plans to open two additional hypermarkets in the remainder of 2012, including our first store in Georgia this month," Majid Al Futtaim CEO Iyad Malas said yesterday (17 September) as the company announced its first-half results.
In the first six months of the year, Majid Al Futtaim opened the first Carrefour store in Iraq. It opened six Carrefour hypermarkets across its markets in total.
This is a detailed report covering Carrefour’s store formats, private labels, history, key employees, and key financial and operational metrics in Belgium....
On Thursday, two of the world's largest food retailers will report their 2012 financial results and, more importantly, try to convince investors their moves to improve their operations in key markets ...
In a week of results from major retailers, Carrefour cheered the market with improvement in France, upmarket UK grocer Waitrose highlighted its strong year and Belgium's Delhaize insisted its business...
- Focus: The impact of Heinz's stevia ketchup
- Focus: Gen Mills turns to M&A to bolster US ops
- Viewpoint: US health food in play - at a price
- Shopper trends: Some confidence but promos popular
- DATA: The just-food international basket - Q2 2014
- Burton's "eyeing" United Biscuits merger
- Premier Foods revamp creates three divisions
- Unilever to boost presence in Nigeria
- General Mills Q1 profits tumble
- Glanbia to buy US sports nutrition firm Isopure