FRANCE/UAE: Georgia set to see first Carrefour store
The Eastern European country of Georgia is set to become the latest market to see a Carrefour store.
Majid Al Futtaim, Carrefour's franchise partner in the Middle East and north Africa, has said it will open an outlet under the French retail giant's fascia in the former Soviet state.
"We are continuing expansion of the Carrefour franchise, with plans to open two additional hypermarkets in the remainder of 2012, including our first store in Georgia this month," Majid Al Futtaim CEO Iyad Malas said yesterday (17 September) as the company announced its first-half results.
In the first six months of the year, Majid Al Futtaim opened the first Carrefour store in Iraq. It opened six Carrefour hypermarkets across its markets in total.
On Thursday, two of the world's largest food retailers will report their 2012 financial results and, more importantly, try to convince investors their moves to improve their operations in key markets ...
In a week of results from major retailers, Carrefour cheered the market with improvement in France, upmarket UK grocer Waitrose highlighted its strong year and Belgium's Delhaize insisted its business...
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- General Mills to invest in "growth businesses"
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- Nestle's focus on food for health - interview
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- UPDATE: Hershey rejects Mondelez takeover
- Healthier food a major opportunity for food makers
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights
- ForeSights: Edible Cutlery; Cutlery made out of food-grade materials instead of plastic
- Fast Food in India