NETHERLANDS: Gerard van Breen to lead both Global and European Sourcing at Ahold
Royal Ahold, the international food provider, announced today that Gerard van Breen, Senior Vice President Global Sourcing, will also take full responsibility for European sourcing, effective October 18, 2000. In this capacity, he succeeds Harry Bruijniks, who was recently appointed President & CEO of Ahold operations in Thailand.Van Breen will continue to head up Ahold's global sourcing activities. These include the company's involvement with the WorldWide Retail Exchange (WWRE), the B2B internet marketplace of which Ahold is a founding member and that currently comprises close to 40 retailers and thousands of suppliers.In his European role, Van Breen becomes a member of Ahold's European Competence Center, that promotes cooperation among Ahold operating units in Europe and ensures synergies are generated. Sourcing plays a key role in this process. Van Breen continues as President of AMS, the marketing alliance of 11 leading European food retailers, including Ahold.Together with sourcing and marketing executives from the company's European operations, Van Breen will continue to focus on boosting benefits from Ahold's increasing economies of scale. Internal synergy and the sharing of know-how and experience, regionally and worldwide, already contribute significantly to Ahold's performance.Ahold now has annualized European sales of over Euro 20 billion and exceeds the Euro 50 billion mark worldwide. The company has over 7,000 supermarkets, hypermarkets and other store formats in 23 countries and serves 30 million customers every week.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report