German frozen cake firm Coppenrath & Wiese attracts PE bids - reports
A number of private-equity firms have reportedly submitted preliminary bids for German frozen cake company Coppenrath & Wiese.
A report carried by Reuters, citing two people familiar with the matter, named EQT, Cinven, CVC and Montagu among the interested parties. Final offers are expected in the coming days.
The deal could fetch around EUR400m (US$472m) said the report.
German food group Oetker had also reportedly expressed interest. However, talks collapsed over price, one of the sources claimed.
EQT and Cinven both declined to comment when approached by just-food.
Oetker, Montagu and CVC could not be reached for comment at time of press.
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat