US: Ghirardelli launches premium chocolate line
US chocolate maker Ghirardelli is launching the first line of nationally-distributed premium chocolate bars in a bid to satisfy a rising consumer demand for gourmet foods.
The San Francisco-based firm is launching bars with a variety of fillings including caramel, mint and raspberry, along with two premium milk and dark chocolate bars.
Fabrizio Parini, senior vice president of marketing for Ghirardelli, said: "Chocolate lovers can now experience the pleasure of indulging in superior quality chocolate with the comfort of familiar flavours at an affordable price."
The bars are available in stores with a suggested retail price of US$2.29.
Ghirardelli's product line includes its signature Squares chocolate, Intense Dark chocolate, Ghirardelli chocolate bars, baking chocolate and beverages.
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins