US: Giant Food, Stop & Shop in product recall
US retailers Giant Food and Stop & Shop have voluntarily recalled two Nature's Promise products due to them possibly containing an undeclared allergen.
The products, Nature's Promise Lemon Sorbetto and Nature's Promise Strawberry Sorbetto, may contain dairy products, the companies said on Friday (17 July).
The pint size lemon sorbetto - UPC#6-8826708958-8, has codes 8 and 11 May, and 13 and 11 June. The pint size strawberry sorbetto - UPC#6-8826708970-1, has codes 8 and 11 May.
To date, Stop & Shop and Giant Food said they have received no reports of illnesses associated with consumption of the product.
Customers are being urged to discard any unused portions or return the product for a refund.
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations