USA: Girl Scouts of the USA Support 'Fight BAC!(TM)' Food Safety Education Campaign
The Partnership for Food Safety Education today announced a collaboration with Girl Scouts of the USA to increase awareness among young people about food safety and reduce the risk of foodborne illness. The Girl Scouts have just released the Partnership's important "Fight BAC!(TM)" public health education materials to 317 Girl Scout councils nationwide and to Girl Scouts overseas. This is the first time the Girl Scout councils have promoted a national food safety education campaign."Our collaboration with the Girl Scouts marks a major milestone in the Partnership's growing outreach to large, community service organizations," said Anne Austin Sydnor, director of consumer affairs for the Food Marketing Institute, and head of the Partnership's Education Committee. "Girl Scouts of the USA is the largest volunteer organization for girls in the world, reaching 2.7 million girl members plus 860,000 adult members. This alliance enables us to reach young girls at an early age and instill good food safety habits that they can share with friends and family.""Children carry important messages about health and safety to their families and communities," said Verna Simpkins, Director of Membership and Program Initiatives, Girl Scouts of the USA. "We are delighted to share the 'Fight BAC!(TM)' food safety information with our Girl Scout leaders."Fight BAC!(TM) teaches consumers to use the following key food safety tips:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report