USA: Glanbia Foods to pay fines for excess wastewater
US dairy company Glanbia Foods has made an agreement with state regulators in Idaho to pay for intentionally releasing too much wastewater from its cheese plant. The company, a division of Irish food giant Glanbia, is to pay up to US$32,000 for this month, which represents the maximum penalty that can be considered by the Idaho Department of Environmental Quality, reported the Associated Press.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses