USA: Glanbia Foods to pay fines for excess wastewater
US dairy company Glanbia Foods has made an agreement with state regulators in Idaho to pay for intentionally releasing too much wastewater from its cheese plant. The company, a division of Irish food giant Glanbia, is to pay up to US$32,000 for this month, which represents the maximum penalty that can be considered by the Idaho Department of Environmental Quality, reported the Associated Press.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch