IRELAND: Glanbia launches Avonmore protein milk
Glanbia launches Avonmore protein variety
Glanbia is launching a high-protein, low-fat milk in Ireland under its existing Avonmore brand.
The company said the milk contains 50% "additional protein for muscle development".
"As a natural protein source, Avonmore Protein Milk helps rebuild and grow muscle mass as well as providing a good source for calcium, vitamin B12 and added vitamin D," Glanbia said.
It is being launched in conjunction with a promotional partnership with the Gaelic Athletic Association (GAA) and the Gaelic Players Association (GPA).
A spokesperson for the company told just-food the product will be "available in one litre cartons in grocery stores throughout Ireland".
Glandbia booked a 17% jump in first-quarter sales this morning (13 May). The result was driven by a bumper three months for its performance nutrition division, which markets products for consumers interested in areas like muscle gaining and workouts.
Sales from Glanbia's Irish dairy arm, which includes more traditional products like milk and cheese, some of which are sold under the Avonmore brand, were "broadly in line" with a year earlier, it said.
Synopsis Canadean's "Glanbia plc : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains...
Glanbia Plc has evolved to become a leading performer in nutrition and health based products at global level. The company is likely to continue with its strategy of pursuing organic growth through tac...
Glanbia is one of the world’s largest dairy companies. Although its headquarters are still in Ireland, much of its business is now focused on the US. Due to its large cheese manufacturing business, it...
Dairy in Ireland industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains description...
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- What the analysts say: Unilever's mixed 2014
- Why US diet guidelines should consider environment
- Lifeway Foods CEO denies sale talks
- Unilever revenues disappoint as food sales fall
- Tootsie Roll CEO Melvin Gordon dies at 95
- Weston Foods acquires Creative Occasions
- McCain to close Grobbendonk plant in Belgium
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- Meat Substitutes Market - Global Trends, Forecasts up to 2019