IRELAND: Glanbia launches Avonmore protein milk
Glanbia launches Avonmore protein variety
Glanbia is launching a high-protein, low-fat milk in Ireland under its existing Avonmore brand.
The company said the milk contains 50% "additional protein for muscle development".
"As a natural protein source, Avonmore Protein Milk helps rebuild and grow muscle mass as well as providing a good source for calcium, vitamin B12 and added vitamin D," Glanbia said.
It is being launched in conjunction with a promotional partnership with the Gaelic Athletic Association (GAA) and the Gaelic Players Association (GPA).
A spokesperson for the company told just-food the product will be "available in one litre cartons in grocery stores throughout Ireland".
Glandbia booked a 17% jump in first-quarter sales this morning (13 May). The result was driven by a bumper three months for its performance nutrition division, which markets products for consumers interested in areas like muscle gaining and workouts.
Sales from Glanbia's Irish dairy arm, which includes more traditional products like milk and cheese, some of which are sold under the Avonmore brand, were "broadly in line" with a year earlier, it said.
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global dairy food market during December 2014....
Sports nutrition products are specially designed to supplement the intake of essential nutrients, to enhance performance, increase physical strength, build muscle, and improve the overall well-being o...
- Nestle on China, candy, nutrition - analysis
- What lies ahead for Tyrrells and Amplify?
- Hain accounting issue rounds off problem year
- England child obesity plan should cheer industry
- Why Jet.com purchase could boost Wal-Mart online
- Lotus Bakeries enjoys growth organically, via M&A
- Mondelez buys rest of Vietnam snacks business
- Smucker cuts forecast as sales decline
- Unite outlines 2 Sisters stance on UK pizza site
- Arla Foods to help Nigeria's dairy development