IRELAND: Glanbia launches Avonmore protein milk
Glanbia launches Avonmore protein variety
Glanbia is launching a high-protein, low-fat milk in Ireland under its existing Avonmore brand.
The company said the milk contains 50% "additional protein for muscle development".
"As a natural protein source, Avonmore Protein Milk helps rebuild and grow muscle mass as well as providing a good source for calcium, vitamin B12 and added vitamin D," Glanbia said.
It is being launched in conjunction with a promotional partnership with the Gaelic Athletic Association (GAA) and the Gaelic Players Association (GPA).
A spokesperson for the company told just-food the product will be "available in one litre cartons in grocery stores throughout Ireland".
Glandbia booked a 17% jump in first-quarter sales this morning (13 May). The result was driven by a bumper three months for its performance nutrition division, which markets products for consumers interested in areas like muscle gaining and workouts.
Sales from Glanbia's Irish dairy arm, which includes more traditional products like milk and cheese, some of which are sold under the Avonmore brand, were "broadly in line" with a year earlier, it said.
Glanbia Plc has evolved to become a leading performer in nutrition and health based products at global level. The company is likely to continue with its strategy of pursuing organic growth through tac...
Dairy in Ireland industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains description...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Whey Protein Ingredients in Thousand Pounds (lbs). The report analyzes the market for Whey Protein Ingredients as a single consolidated segment. The repo...
Chilled soup in Ireland continues to make both value and volume gains, with a wider range of products and brands, combined with consumer desire for fresh products using natural ingredients, driving pe...
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- Brownes Dairy "attracts eight suitors"
- Mengniu sales dip but work on costs boosts profits
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis