USA: Glanbia reveals that TruCal achieves GRAS Status
International dairy ingredients firm Glanbia Ingredients has announced that its TruCal product has achieved GRAS (Generally Recognised As Safe) status in the US. TruCal provides a source of dairy calcium and and is also available lactose-free. It can be used to fortify food and beverages and enrich dairy products in categories such as nutrition bars, bakery products, sports beverages, and isotonic beverages.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe