IRELAND/UK: Glanbia sells UK fresh pork operations
Irish-based diary and consumer foods group Glanbia has announced that it has sold its UK fresh pork operations, Glanbia Fresh Meats (UK), to UK meat processor Flagship Foods.
Glanbia Fresh Meats is a supplier of fresh pork products to the UK retail sector and also supplies food manufacturers in the UK, Europe and the Far East. The business being sold has two facilities in Tipton and West Bromwich. The deal does not include another smaller pig abattoir in Gainsborough, Lincolnshire, which Glanbia is proposing to close.
At 5 July 2003, the net assets of the business being sold (including goodwill previously written off against reserves) were approximately £22.3m (US$36.5m).
Glanbia expects the sale to result in an exceptional charge of £14.5m in the current financial year.
Irish dairy group Glanbia is launching a new range of yoghurt drinks under the Yoplait brand which it says will allow it to bridge the fresh dairy market and the functional foods sector....
Food group Glanbia has today (Monday) announced the appointment of Colin Gordon as chief executive officer of its Irish consumer foods business, effective from 1 March 2006....
The European Commission has granted clearance under the EU Merger Regulation to the acquisition of joint control of Ireland's Corman Miloko by Ireland-based Glanbia Consumer Foods and Belgium's Corman...
Glanbia Nutritionals, a division of Irish food company Glanbia, has said it is expanding its US research and development at its R&D centre in Twin Falls, Idaho....
Food group Glanbia has reported a broadly unchanged performance in the first half ended 2 July, although EU farm policy changes created some problems....
Glanbia Nutritionals, a division of Irish food company Glanbia, has announced the official opening of the Glanbia Group Innovation Centre in Kilkenny, by the Irish minister for enterprise, trade and e...
Irish dairy company Glanbia has signed a joint venture agreement with Belgian Bongrain subsidiary Corman to manufacture and market dairy spreads and butterfat products, according to the Sunday Times n...
Dairy company Yoplait Ireland has launched a drinking yoghurt containing TruCal, a 100% natural milk mineral complex from Glanbia Nutritionals....
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Pladis stepping up growth investments
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report