IRELAND/UK: Glanbia sells UK fresh pork operations
Irish-based diary and consumer foods group Glanbia has announced that it has sold its UK fresh pork operations, Glanbia Fresh Meats (UK), to UK meat processor Flagship Foods. Glanbia Fresh Meats is a supplier of fresh pork products to the UK retail sector and also supplies food manufacturers in the UK, Europe and the Far East. The business being sold has two facilities in Tipton and West Bromwich. The deal does not include another smaller pig abattoir in Gainsborough, Lincolnshire, which Glanbia is proposing to close.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action