IRELAND/UK: Glanbia sells UK fresh pork operations
Irish-based diary and consumer foods group Glanbia has announced that it has sold its UK fresh pork operations, Glanbia Fresh Meats (UK), to UK meat processor Flagship Foods. Glanbia Fresh Meats is a supplier of fresh pork products to the UK retail sector and also supplies food manufacturers in the UK, Europe and the Far East. The business being sold has two facilities in Tipton and West Bromwich. The deal does not include another smaller pig abattoir in Gainsborough, Lincolnshire, which Glanbia is proposing to close.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Can manufacturers revitalise shopper experience?
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund