US: Glanbia to invest US$15m in new cheese HQ
Glanbia Foods is set to spend up to US$15m to build a corporate headquarters and innovation center in Twin Falls, Idaho.
On Friday (20 January) the Ireland-based cheese manufacturer announced construction on the facility is expected to begin later this year, with the aim of opening in the first quarter of 2013.
Glanbia Foods CEO Jeff Williams says creating a new business environment has been years in the making.
"As we have grown, and as needs in the cheese market change, it was essential to address two critical items," he said.
"First, ensuring our team is located under 'one roof'. Second, we want to ensure that we meet the requirements of our customers and the marketplace. The Innovation Center will be an essential tool to address the changing dynamics in the marketplace."
Glanbia has had a presence in Idaho for more than 20 years. It is the base for the firm's US cheese business, shipping around 375,000 tonnes of the product across the States and across the world every year.
WeightWatchers Foods has extended its food portfolio in the UK with the launch of a low fat dairy spread and half fat butter....
Irish dairy and ingredients group Glanbia has agreed to sell its local rights to Yoplait back to the yoghurt maker....
Irish dairy and ingredients group Glanbia said today (9 May) it has performed in line with expectations as it booked an increase in first-quarter revenues....
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action