SWEDEN: Glass found in Lantmännen Kronfågel chicken
Sweden's Lantmännen Kronfågel and local police have launched an investigation into how glass came to be discovered in various chicken products made by the firm.
Lantmännen Kronfågel has withdrawn all batches of frozen Crown Birds Chicken fillet breast and frozen Chicken Lårfilé with best before dates of 16 November over fears that they may contain glass.
A spokesperson for the company told just-food that Lantmännen reported the incident to police, who are now "working intensively" to investigate "this very serious situation".
The spokesperson said the possibility of tampering had not been ruled out.
"The recall is extensive as our main priority is the protection of our customers," the spokesperson added.
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK sets 20% sugar cut guidelines for food industry