USA: Global food workers demand Earthgrains bargain in good faith; BCTGM strike has international implication
The whole world is watching the continuing struggle for justice and the daily bread at The Earthgrains Company. Representatives of world food workers and Portugal's food union have made clear that they stand in solidarity with striking Earthgrains workers in the U.S. In separate letters written this week to Earthgrains CEO Barry Beracha, the top officers of the International Union of Food Workers (IUF) and the Portuguese Food, Agricultural and Forestry Workers expressed their "deep concern" for the way Earthgrains has treated its workers here.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action