AUSTRALIA: Global warming warning - milk production will decrease
According to research results released yesterday (2 January), global warming appears likely to have a negative impact on the milk output of cows: production is now expected to decrease as the climate warms. CSIRO conducted the study late last year in the Hunter Valley, New South Wales, and proved that cows kept in the shade and regularly sprayed with water produced between 190 and 220 more litres of milk than those animals left in the sun.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega