HUNGARY/POLAND: Globus acquires Elsner Poland
Hungarian canning company Globus has said that it has acquired Polish frozen food company Elsner Poland for €5m, with a view to expanding on the Russian market.
The deal, which was partly financed from the sale of production assets in southwest Hungary, fits into Globus's strategy of shifting towards frozen foods production, reported Reuters.
Elsner Poland, which comprises four factories, was fully owned by F J Elsner & Co which is a subsidiary of Austria's Raiffeisen Zentralbank.
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery