HUNGARY: Globus acquires majority stake in Nagykoros cannery
Hungarian food processor Globus has finalised a contract to acquire a majority stake in Nagykoros Cannery, which is owned by French canning company Bonduelle. An extraordinary general meeting on 18 October had authorised Globus' management to acquire a 75% stake in the canning plant, which is situated in southeastern Hungary. The meeting also authorised the acquisition of four Polish frozen food producers and the sale of the Bekescsaba cannery to Bonduelle. Globus has said that the revenue from the Bekescsaba sale will cover a large part of the acquisition costs, reported Interfax.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant