HUNGARY: Globus acquires majority stake in Nagykoros cannery
Hungarian food processor Globus has finalised a contract to acquire a majority stake in Nagykoros Cannery, which is owned by French canning company Bonduelle. An extraordinary general meeting on 18 October had authorised Globus' management to acquire a 75% stake in the canning plant, which is situated in southeastern Hungary. The meeting also authorised the acquisition of four Polish frozen food producers and the sale of the Bekescsaba cannery to Bonduelle. Globus has said that the revenue from the Bekescsaba sale will cover a large part of the acquisition costs, reported Interfax.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin