NEW ZEALAND: GM multinationals admit that containment is impossible
The Royal Commission on Genetic Modification opened yesterday (16 October) to hear two of the "big six" multinationals established in the field of GM products admit that it is impossible to guarantee containment. The two companies questioned were cross-examined by the anti-GM groups: Greenpeace, the Green Party, an organic industry group and the Nelson GE-free Awareness Group.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- General Mills issues profit warning