NEW ZEALAND: GM multinationals admit that containment is impossible
The Royal Commission on Genetic Modification opened yesterday (16 October) to hear two of the "big six" multinationals established in the field of GM products admit that it is impossible to guarantee containment. The two companies questioned were cross-examined by the anti-GM groups: Greenpeace, the Green Party, an organic industry group and the Nelson GE-free Awareness Group.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project