UK: GM protests at Welsh farm become issue of national identity
Castle Cenlas farm was at the centre of a mass demonstration this morning after it was revealed that the Welsh Assembly has no power to prevent government trials of GM maize. Two fields of the farm, in Mathry, Pembrokeshire, have been earmarked for participation in a GM crop trial, and local organic farmers have been angered at the decision, as contamination could endanger their livelihoods.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill