USA: GMA - Better Use of Existing Authority, Not More Regulations, Key to Enhancing Food Safety
More effective and efficient use of existing enforcement authority will go a long way to addressing any shortcomings in federal food safety operations, the Grocery Manufacturers of America said today. GMA said it would thoroughly review a report released today by the Agriculture Department's Office of the Inspector General, which assessed the effectiveness of USDA meat and poultry inspection processes.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast