USA: GMA calls California senate vote a 'misguided attempt to combat obesity'
By approving a bill that would ban the sale of many foods in schools, the California Senate has effectively voted to reduce the power of local school boards, according to GMA. The legislation, billed as an attempt to combat childhood obesity, does virtually nothing to address the lack of nutrition education or access to physical activity in schools, said Kristin Power, GMA western region director for state affairs
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti