USA: GMA - FDA's Reaffirmation of Biotech Safety Will Help Ensure 'Continued Consumer Confidence' in Regulation
The Grocery Manufacturers of America today welcomed a proposal by the Food and Drug Administration to enhance openness and transparency in its regulation of food biotechnology, while reaffirming that the technology and its products are safe.GMA also praised the agency for its proposal to make the review process for new biotechnology-derived products mandatory and for deciding to develop voluntary labeling guidelines for products made without the use of biotechnology.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target