USA: GMA - FDA's Reaffirmation of Biotech Safety Will Help Ensure 'Continued Consumer Confidence' in Regulation
The Grocery Manufacturers of America today welcomed a proposal by the Food and Drug Administration to enhance openness and transparency in its regulation of food biotechnology, while reaffirming that the technology and its products are safe.GMA also praised the agency for its proposal to make the review process for new biotechnology-derived products mandatory and for deciding to develop voluntary labeling guidelines for products made without the use of biotechnology.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week