USA: GMA - FDA's Reaffirmation of Biotech Safety Will Help Ensure 'Continued Consumer Confidence' in Regulation
The Grocery Manufacturers of America today welcomed a proposal by the Food and Drug Administration to enhance openness and transparency in its regulation of food biotechnology, while reaffirming that the technology and its products are safe.GMA also praised the agency for its proposal to make the review process for new biotechnology-derived products mandatory and for deciding to develop voluntary labeling guidelines for products made without the use of biotechnology.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods