USA: GMA highlights industry efforts to combat obesity at national food policy conference
The Grocery Manufacturers of America yesterday pledged the food industry's continued support to address the nation's obesity problem noting that physical activity must be part of the solution. GMA Director of Scientific and Nutrition Policy Lisa Katic, R.D. was a featured speaker on the panel discussion "Children and Obesity: Who's Gaining Ground" at the 2001 National Food Policy Conference sponsored by the Consumer Federation of America Foundation. Katic said obesity is a complex issue that demands a focus on both healthy eating and physical activity.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Can manufacturers revitalise shopper experience?
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund