USA: GMA highlights industry efforts to combat obesity at national food policy conference
The Grocery Manufacturers of America yesterday pledged the food industry's continued support to address the nation's obesity problem noting that physical activity must be part of the solution. GMA Director of Scientific and Nutrition Policy Lisa Katic, R.D. was a featured speaker on the panel discussion "Children and Obesity: Who's Gaining Ground" at the 2001 National Food Policy Conference sponsored by the Consumer Federation of America Foundation. Katic said obesity is a complex issue that demands a focus on both healthy eating and physical activity.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre