USA: GMA highlights industry efforts to combat obesity at national food policy conference
The Grocery Manufacturers of America yesterday pledged the food industry's continued support to address the nation's obesity problem noting that physical activity must be part of the solution. GMA Director of Scientific and Nutrition Policy Lisa Katic, R.D. was a featured speaker on the panel discussion "Children and Obesity: Who's Gaining Ground" at the 2001 National Food Policy Conference sponsored by the Consumer Federation of America Foundation. Katic said obesity is a complex issue that demands a focus on both healthy eating and physical activity.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast