USA: GMA Honors Anti-Hunger Partners at National Nutrition Summit
The Grocery Manufacturers of America today honored three of its major partners in the fight against hunger "to recognize the critical role they play in eradicating hunger and combating malnutrition."At a GMA-sponsored luncheon held during the National Nutrition Summit, GMA presented awards of recognition to Deborah Leff, President & CEO, America's Second Harvest; John Morrill, Executive Director, Congressional Hunger Center; and James Weill, President, Food Research and Action Center."These three groups, in different ways, play a unique role in the war on hunger," said C. Manly Molpus, GMA President and CEO. "GMA and its member companies are very proud of the relationships we have with each of these organizations, including service on their boards of directors."The food, beverage, and consumer products industry is committing millions of dollars in working to stamp out hunger in America and around the world. It is through partnerships with anti-hunger organizations, food banks, food rescue centers, soup kitchens, and other charitable groups that we can make real progress fighting hunger-related problems that affect millions of people."Through a network of more than 200 food banks and food-rescue programs, America's Second Harvest (
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review