USA: GMA, Industry Groups Asks FDA, FTC to Explain 'Rules of the Road' For Non-Biotech Food Claims
The Grocery Manufacturers of America and other food industry groups are asking U.S. regulatory agencies to establish guidelines that address claims about modern biotechnology. In particular, a petition to be filed with the Food and Drug Administration will ask the agency to explain some "rules of the road" for manufacturers who may want to use terms such as "GM-Free," "Non-GM," or others in food labeling.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- ABF sees further grocery revival