USA: GMA, Industry Groups Asks FDA, FTC to Explain 'Rules of the Road' For Non-Biotech Food Claims
The Grocery Manufacturers of America and other food industry groups are asking U.S. regulatory agencies to establish guidelines that address claims about modern biotechnology. In particular, a petition to be filed with the Food and Drug Administration will ask the agency to explain some "rules of the road" for manufacturers who may want to use terms such as "GM-Free," "Non-GM," or others in food labeling.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund