USA: GMA says FDA violating First Amendment
The Food and Drug Administration is constitutionally required to treat foods and dietary supplements equally when it comes to rules governing qualified disease prevention claims, the Grocery Manufacturers of America said today. GMA said that conventional foods should not be restricted from making qualified claims that can be made for dietary supplements because consumers can benefit from increased information about the link between food and health.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins