US: GMA/FPA appoints science chief
Cal Dooley, the Food Products Association (FPA) president and CEO, and president and CEO-elect of GMA/FPA, has announced the appointment of a new SVP and chief science officer, Pat Verduin.
"I am extremely pleased that Pat Verduin has agreed to join GMA/FPA," Dooley said. "Her scientific expertise, her relationships with policymakers and her ability to effectively distil and communicate complex issues make her the perfect choice to help GMA/FPA accomplish its goals on behalf of its members."
Verduin has previously held senior roles in the food industry, most recently serving as senior vice president of product quality and development at ConAgra Foods, where she headed up the company's innovation efforts, along with ConAgra's quality and food safety programmes.
"I am thrilled to be joining the excellent team at GMA/FPA," Verduin commented on the appointment. "As a former member of the FPA board of directors and through my work with the GMA Scientific and Regulatory Policy Committee, I know what a vital role the merged association will play not only in advocating sound science on behalf of its members, but also in helping to protect the safety and security of America's food supply."
As a member of the GMA/FPA senior management team, Verduin will be responsible for overseeing the GMA/FPA's scientific, regulatory and technical affairs activity and lead strategic initiatives that advance the interests of association members.
The inaugural meeting of the Media and Childhood Obesity: Today and Tomorrow task force was held two weeks ago. The food industry has taken an active role in this broad-based coalition through the par...
ConAgra Foods has revealed the measures it will take to reopen the Georgia production plant where its recalled peanut butter products were produced....
US dairy group Dean Foods has appointed Debbie Carosella as senior vice president, innovation....
According to a new study released today (29 March) by the Kaiser Family Foundation, half of all adverts aired in the US during children's programming promote food products - 34% of these are for candy...
US packaged foods group ConAgra Foods Inc. has reported third-quarter net income of US$192.6m, compared with a net loss of $25.2m in the same period last year when profitability was hit by restructuri...
US industry body the Grocery Manufacturers/Food Products Association (GMA/FPA) yesterday (21 March) took part in the inaugural meeting of Media and Childhood Obesity: Today and Tomorrow, a joint task ...
Seventy-six people who contracted salmonella poisoning from eating ConAgra Peter Pan and Best Value peanut butter produced at the company's manufacturing facility in Sylvester, Georgia, have joined fo...
ConAgra Foods has extended its recall of peanut butter produced at its production facility in Sylvester, Georgia, by more than a year - back to October 2004 - due to fears that the products are contam...
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Future trends in natural food to go mainstream
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- France eyes leading role in proteins
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bakery (UK) - Industry Report
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements