USA: Phil Lempert - 'America's Supermarket Guru' warns: 'GMO labeling - The FDA isn't listening'
Leading the fight to convince the FDA that consumers want mandatory labeling of genetically modified foods (GMO), Phil Lempert, America's Supermarket Guru is going coast to coast with his message "There is no question that the American consumer has the right to know if any of the foods we are consuming contain Genetically Modified ingredients but to insure that our government knows how strongly we feel about mandatory labeling of these foods, we must band together to let the new administration and Secretary of Agriculture, Ann Veneman know how strongly we feel before regulations are finalized on April 3, 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast