AUSTRALIA: Golden Circle posts 7% increase in profits
Australian food processor Golden Circle posted a 7% increase in profit to A$9.29m (US$4.7m) for its operations during the 2000 calendar year. At the company's AGM in May, managing director Barry Kelly had warned that the business was being damaged by the artificially low prices currently being offered to pineapple importers, but record sales revenue of A$263.1m was recognised as the driving force behind the profit increase.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti