AUSTRALIA: Golden Circle posts 7% increase in profits
Australian food processor Golden Circle posted a 7% increase in profit to A$9.29m (US$4.7m) for its operations during the 2000 calendar year. At the company's AGM in May, managing director Barry Kelly had warned that the business was being damaged by the artificially low prices currently being offered to pineapple importers, but record sales revenue of A$263.1m was recognised as the driving force behind the profit increase.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre