THAILAND: Golden Place seeks franchisers to sell fruit & veg
Golden Place , the Thai retailer of eco-friendly fruit and vegetables partly owned by the King, is courting local investors to open further branches. The produce is not necessarily organic, but has been deemed "chemically safe". The company currently operates five branches, four of which are in the capital city, Bangkok. Sources close to the company said turnover totalled Bt150m (US$3.4m), generating an approximately 20% profit margin.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: Farmhouse Culture taps gut-health
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action