THAILAND: Golden Place seeks franchisers to sell fruit & veg
Golden Place , the Thai retailer of eco-friendly fruit and vegetables partly owned by the King, is courting local investors to open further branches. The produce is not necessarily organic, but has been deemed "chemically safe". The company currently operates five branches, four of which are in the capital city, Bangkok. Sources close to the company said turnover totalled Bt150m (US$3.4m), generating an approximately 20% profit margin.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target