THAILAND: Golden Place seeks franchisers to sell fruit & veg
Golden Place , the Thai retailer of eco-friendly fruit and vegetables partly owned by the King, is courting local investors to open further branches. The produce is not necessarily organic, but has been deemed "chemically safe". The company currently operates five branches, four of which are in the capital city, Bangkok. Sources close to the company said turnover totalled Bt150m (US$3.4m), generating an approximately 20% profit margin.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin