REPUBLIC OF IRELAND: Golden Vale takeover unconditional as Kerry bid accepted
The offer came as a surprise for market watchers, who point out that a massive 75% of international food group Kerry's interests are outside Ireland.
Kerry valued its cash and shares bid at around €245m (US$220m), offering €1.50 cash for every Golden Vale share, or one Kerry share in return for every 10 Golden Vale shares.
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales