UK: Golden Wonder to close plant, axe 375 jobs
UK savoury snacks firm Golden Wonder has said it is to close one of its three productions sites in the UK, with the loss of 375 jobs. The company, which is the UK's third-largest supplier of crisps and snacks, plans to close the site in Skelmersdale, Lancashire. The facility produces 33% of Golden Wonder's total annual crisps production, reported the Yorkshire Post.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses