UK: Golden Wonder to close plant, axe 375 jobs
UK savoury snacks firm Golden Wonder has said it is to close one of its three productions sites in the UK, with the loss of 375 jobs. The company, which is the UK's third-largest supplier of crisps and snacks, plans to close the site in Skelmersdale, Lancashire. The facility produces 33% of Golden Wonder's total annual crisps production, reported the Yorkshire Post.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth