US: Golf pro nominated for Smucker’s board
Fruit spreads company JM Smucker Company has nominated US female golf professional Nancy Lopez for election to the company's board.
Her appointment is subject to a vote at the upcoming 2006 annual meeting of shareholders.
Lopez, founder and principal of the Nancy Lopez Golf Company, has also won 48 career golf titles, including three majors, on the Ladies Professional Golf Association (LPGA) tour. She is a member of the LPGA Hall of Fame, the World Golf Hall of Fame and captained the 2005 US Solheim Cup Team to victory.
Tim Smucker, chairman and co-chief executive officer of the company, said: "We are delighted to nominate Nancy Lopez to our Board of Directors and are pleased she has agreed to stand for election at our annual meeting of shareholders.
"With her unique professional and personal background, Nancy's election as an independent director will continue to build on the wide diversity of talent and perspectives already represented on the Smucker Board."
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report