NEW ZEALAND: Goodman Fielder eyes Asia Pacific growth with UHT investment
Goodman Fielder invests in UHT capacity
Goodman Fielder is increasing its production capacity of UHT milk as it eyes expansion opportunities in the Asia Pacific region.
The Australian food firm is investing NZ$27m (US$23.4m) to expand operations at its UHT milk plant in Christchurch, New Zealand. The group is extending the building, installing a new pasteurisation, sterilising and palletising line and a new 250 ml high-speed filler.
The work is expected to be completed in October of next year. It will increase production at the site by 50%, or 32m litres a year, the company said.
Goodman Fielder CEO, Chris Delaney, said the project would enable the company to leverage its existing export capacity to Asia Pacific by meeting the growing demand for dairy products across the region, particularly in China.
"The premium UHT category in Asia Pacific is anticipated to grow by around 50% over the next five years. This project will provide us with additional capacity to address this growing market through our iconic New Zealand Meadow Fresh brand and distribution capability," said Delaney.
The company is witnessing increasing demand for Meadow Fresh products in the region - and in China in particular - he added. "We are investing now to meet that demand and also plan for future growth."
Goodman Fielder currently employees 230 people at the site which produces fresh milk for delivery throughout the South Island and UHT milk products predominantly for export markets.
Last month, the board of Goodman Fielder gave its backing to a A$1.37bn (US$1.29bn) takeover proposal from Singapore agribusiness Wilmar International and First Pacific, the Hong Kong investment fund.
Synopsis Canadean's "Goodman Fielder Limited : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The prof...
Goodman Fielder New Zealand Ltd has engaged a strategic approach of cutting costs and streamlining operations to focus only on key product segments. The success of this strategy is still to be determi...
Goodman Fielder Limited is predominately a manufacturer of staples. Consumer preferences in staples have become more premium in recent years, a trend that has left Goodman Fielder behind. Plans to exp...
Dairy in Malaysia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains descriptio...
Dairy in New Zealand industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains descrip...
- Focus: Why ABF is making bread better-for-you
- Why China was central to Nestle executive change
- Comment: How dairy can leverage nutrition
- Comment: Act now to cut antibiotics in meat
- Focus: Quality, innovation driving Chinese milk
- Kellogg CEO: sales trends are improving
- Oreo, gum propels Mondelez in China
- First Milk to cut jobs, milk prices
- General Mills cuts Yoplait sugar by 25%
- Russia "likely to extend food embargo"
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Global Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces Market: Merger and Acquisitions February 2015
- Arla Foods amba - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Food and beverage packaging today – what’s next?
- North America Food & Beverage Stabilizers and Systems Market – Analysis and Forecast upto 2019