AUSTRALIA: Goodman Fielder may be forced to increase bread prices again
Australian foods giant Goodman Fielder has warned that it may be forced into a further hike of its packaged bread prices if the rise in wheat prices continues. Goodman, Australia's largest packaged bread manufacturer, increased wholesale bread prices by 5% last month, after drought and high international prices resulted in a 13.5% rise in the price of wheat during the last financial year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins