UPDATE: AUS: Goodman Fielder presses ahead with unit sale
Goodman Fielder said there was "strong interest" in the division even after the US agribusiness giant pulled out of the race for the asset.
A spokesperson said Goodman Fielder had prepared for Cargill to decide against a bid. Cargill had told just-food it had withdrawn its bid due to "concerns raised in the market". The decision is the latest twist in the potential sale of the Goodman Fielder unit. In May, Cargill made its second attempt to buy the business after regulators turned down an initial move two years ago.
"Goodman Fielder was always aware of this possibility and prepared a sales process to take account of such an outcome," a spokesperson said. "We have received strong interest from a number of parties and continue to progress the transaction."
The possible sale comes amid a wider restructuring of Goodman Fielder's business as it looks to grow profits after a year of falling earnings.
Commodity trader Glencore has said it wants to be a "true leader" in global grain trading after completing its acquisition of Viterra in a deal worth US$6bn....
Cargill has snapped up Indian cooking oil brand Sunflower from local FMCG group Wipro....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report