USA: Gourmets Hit Jackpot in Las Vegas; Odyssey 2000 Brings Wine & Food Connoisseurs to Culinary Oasis
Now ODYSSEY 2000: A Celebration of Wine, Food & Art will spotlight the city's extraordinary cuisine during an Oct. 26-29 event bringing Las Vegas' premier chefs and sommeliers together to host special dinners, tastings and cooking demonstrations.
The piece de resistance will be the Oct. 28 Masters Dinner, Auction and Celebration at the Aladdin Resort & Casino, where chefs and sommeliers will prepare a one-of-a-kind gastronomic experience. Also, a live auction will benefit public television's KLVX-TV, Channel 10.
"Just as other culinary and wine destinations throughout the country recognize and celebrate their talents and bounty, so will Las Vegas," says Virginia Thompson, principal of Las Vegas Odyssey.
Thompson, Mark V. Martino and Debra Heiser created Las Vegas Odyssey, the company orchestrating the event with Archie McLaren, founder of California's famed Central Coast Wine Classic.
- Arnauld Briand -- Monte Carlo, The Desert Inn
- Caviarteria -- The Forum Shops at Caesars
- Jim Clendenen -- winemaker, Au Bon Climat
- Billy Conn -- Aladdin
- Terrence Fong -- Gatsby's, MGM Grand
- Steven Geddes -- Aureole, Mandalay Bay
- Greg Harrington -- Spago/Chinois, The Forum Shops at Caesars; Trattoria Del Lupo, Mandalay Bay; and Postrio, The Venetian
- Jervais Hienrik -- Fiore, Rio
- House of Blues Foundation Room -- Mandalay Bay
- Jay James -- Aqua, Bellagio
- Michael Jordan -- Rosemary's
- Barrie Larvin -- Rio Wine Cellar, Rio
- Mark Lorusso -- Aqua, Bellagio
- Michael Mina -- Aqua, Bellagio
- Eberhard Muller -- Lutece, The Venetian
- Jean-Louis Palladin -- Napa, Rio
- Luciano Pelligrini -- Piero Selvaggio Valentino, The Venetian
- Laurent Perrier -- Champagne House
- Joe Romano -- Aureole, Mandalay Bay
- David Robins -- Spago/Chinois, The Forum Shops at Caesars; Trattoria Del Lupo, Mandalay Bay; and Postrio, The Venetian
- Andre Rochat, Andre's French Restaurant downtown Las Vegas and Monte Carlo
- Mark Scherline -- Aladdin
- Piero Selvaggio -- Piero Selvaggio Valentino, The Venetian
- Julian Serrano -- Picasso, Bellagio
Tickets range from $75 to $350. Platinum sponsors currently include Foodline.com, Tusk Studios and Williamson Printing and Gold sponsorship includes Society By Design.
For more information, call toll-free 1-877-370-9182 or (702) 257-2345. The Internet site www.lasvegasodyssey.com will launch shortly.
Australia is in the midst of its worst drought for 100 years. Grain crops are significantly reduced and cattle farmers are having to downsize or give up altogether. The drought is estimated to be cost...
Premier Foods have announced their intention to move into the table sauce sector through the launch of brown sauce and tomato sauce that will be marketed under the Branston brand....
Premier Foods is understood to have entered negotiations with the administrator of the beleagured UK snack food company Golden Wonder about the possible acquisition of the company's remaining assets, ...
Premier Foods said in a statement released ahead of the 2005 financial results, due in March, that thanks to a strong Christmas performance it expects to deliver annual profit in line with expectation...
Grocery product supplier Premier Foods has announced that it has completed the sale of Jonker Fris BV and Premier Foods BV to NPM Capital BV as announced on 17 October 2005....
UK food manufacturer Premier Foods has announced that it has completed the acquisition of Cauldron Foods, a manufacturer of branded, chilled meat free products, from Rayner & Co (Investments) Limited ...
The UK's Premier Foods has announced that it has reached an agreement in principal to sell Dutch fruit and vegetable company Jonker Fris to NPM Capital BV, a Dutch private equity firm....
UK food manufacturer Premier Foods has announced that it has agreed to sell its tea business to Apeejay International Tea, a subsidiary of India's Apeejay Surrendra Group, for £80m (US$95.9m)....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review