USA: Gourmets Hit Jackpot in Las Vegas; Odyssey 2000 Brings Wine & Food Connoisseurs to Culinary Oasis
The world's best chefs and sommeliers took Las Vegas from a mecca for 99c shrimp cocktails to today's culinary oasis.Now ODYSSEY 2000: A Celebration of Wine, Food & Art will spotlight the city's extraordinary cuisine during an Oct. 26-29 event bringing Las Vegas' premier chefs and sommeliers together to host special dinners, tastings and cooking demonstrations.The piece de resistance will be the Oct. 28 Masters Dinner, Auction and Celebration at the Aladdin Resort & Casino, where chefs and sommeliers will prepare a one-of-a-kind gastronomic experience. Also, a live auction will benefit public television's KLVX-TV, Channel 10."Just as other culinary and wine destinations throughout the country recognize and celebrate their talents and bounty, so will Las Vegas," says Virginia Thompson, principal of Las Vegas Odyssey.Thompson, Mark V. Martino and Debra Heiser created Las Vegas Odyssey, the company orchestrating the event with Archie McLaren, founder of California's famed Central Coast Wine Classic. Participates:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK sets 20% sugar cut guidelines for food industry