POLAND: Government approves German takeover of five sugar mills
Marek Biernacki, the Polish Minister of Internal Affairs and Administration, has approved the proposed German buyout of five sugar mills owned by Kalinsko-Torunska . Many employees of the mills and sugar beet farmers reportedly welcomed the acquisition by Pfeiffer und Langen as the primary chance for securing jobs. Their continued support for the bid has been touted as the reason for Biernacki's decision.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea