POLAND: Government approves German takeover of five sugar mills
Marek Biernacki, the Polish Minister of Internal Affairs and Administration, has approved the proposed German buyout of five sugar mills owned by Kalinsko-Torunska . Many employees of the mills and sugar beet farmers reportedly welcomed the acquisition by Pfeiffer und Langen as the primary chance for securing jobs. Their continued support for the bid has been touted as the reason for Biernacki's decision.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Interview: Farmhouse Culture taps gut-health
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant