EGYPT: Government bans European beef
The government newspaper Al Akhbar revealed on Sunday that the decision had been made by Egyptian officials to ban imports of cattle and beef from five European countries in a bid to prevent the spread of mad cow disease. The president of the Veterinary Authority revealed that the decision will apply to countries which have experienced BSE; France, Switzerland, Denmark, the Netherlands and the UK.Other countries may continue to export meat to Egypt as long as this meat is not cut near the pancreas or intestines, and does not contain neural matter.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife