INDIA: Government boost to food supply scheme in three states
Food schemes due to run in Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and Andhra Pradesh during this fiscal year were given a Rs114.8bn boost this week, by rural development minister M Venkaiah Naidu. The schemes are designed to provide some security to senior citizens in the areas, providing each person with a free supply of 10 kgs of foodgrains every month.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs