BELGIUM: Government encourages chocolate producers to support international quality label
The Belgian government is launching an international campaign to promote the production and sale of 'high-quality' chocolate containing no cocoa butter replacements or genetically modifidied ingredients and will today approach chocolate producers to ask them to join the project. The initiative comes in response to the adoption by the EU, in March of this year, of a new European Cocoa and Chocolate Directive, which allows the use of 5% tropical fats as a replacement for cocoa butter in chocolate recipes. The directive was adopted to harmonize chocolate production standards in all member states of the European Union, but was bitterly contested by Belgium and France, which fear the new standards will have a negative impact on the quality image of chocolate.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review