UK: Government hopes Albert Fisher food factory will find buyer
The collapse of the Albert Fisher Group has put some 3000 jobs in Scotland at risk as the company moved into receivership today [Friday]. Alex Salmond, leader of the Scottish National Party, told the House of Commons [the lower house of the UK parliament] that two plants in Banff and Buchan are of particular concern as they together employ more than 700 people, making them the largest private sector employer in the area.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Aryzta CEO, CFO resign amid strategic review