UK: Government hopes Albert Fisher food factory will find buyer
The collapse of the Albert Fisher Group has put some 3000 jobs in Scotland at risk as the company moved into receivership today [Friday]. Alex Salmond, leader of the Scottish National Party, told the House of Commons [the lower house of the UK parliament] that two plants in Banff and Buchan are of particular concern as they together employ more than 700 people, making them the largest private sector employer in the area.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry