UK: Government hopes Albert Fisher food factory will find buyer
The collapse of the Albert Fisher Group has put some 3000 jobs in Scotland at risk as the company moved into receivership today [Friday]. Alex Salmond, leader of the Scottish National Party, told the House of Commons [the lower house of the UK parliament] that two plants in Banff and Buchan are of particular concern as they together employ more than 700 people, making them the largest private sector employer in the area.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations