UK: Government hopes Albert Fisher food factory will find buyer
The collapse of the Albert Fisher Group has put some 3000 jobs in Scotland at risk as the company moved into receivership today [Friday]. Alex Salmond, leader of the Scottish National Party, told the House of Commons [the lower house of the UK parliament] that two plants in Banff and Buchan are of particular concern as they together employ more than 700 people, making them the largest private sector employer in the area.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Boparan confirms interest in Fox's Biscuits
- Update - Pladis not bidding for Weetabix