UK: Government minister says US is pressuring UK to accept GM plantings
Michael Meacher, the UK Environment Minister, said today [Monday] that the US was putting pressure on the UK to go ahead with commercial plantings of genetically modified crops. In an interview with the Independent newspaper, Meacher said he was sceptical of the benefits of GM and that any decisions to open up commercial plantings would be "based on hard evidence".
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action