UK: Government minister says US is pressuring UK to accept GM plantings
Michael Meacher, the UK Environment Minister, said today [Monday] that the US was putting pressure on the UK to go ahead with commercial plantings of genetically modified crops. In an interview with the Independent newspaper, Meacher said he was sceptical of the benefits of GM and that any decisions to open up commercial plantings would be "based on hard evidence".
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin