US: Government opens probe into Del Monte takeover
Bloomberg said Del Monte Foods is under investigation by the US Department for Justice
The US Department of Justice (DoJ) has opened a probe into the US$5bn takeover of Del Monte Foods, according to reports.
Bloomberg today (29 November) said that court papers regarding an investor settlement over the transaction had been submitted that show the government body is investigating the company's acquisition by private equity investors led by KKR in March.
Del Monte was not immediately available for comment. A spokesperson from the US Department of Justice said: "We won't be commenting one way or the other."
Del Monte Foods reported falling sales and profits from its consumer foods arm as it booked a decline in earnings for the third quarter of its financial year....
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action