UK: Government proposal for 20-day movement standstill is "Not the right answer"
The 20-day standstill proposal for livestock put forward by Government is a knee-jerk reaction to foot and mouth, says the NFU. Responding to a consultation on the plan to introduce the standstill following movements of sheep and cattle, NFU President Ben Gill said: " The proposal has not been thought through properly. It would put the industry in a straight- jacket.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods